SOUTHFIELD, Mich., May 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – DENSO, a leading provider of mobility services, today announced that Raja Shembekar, vice president of its North America Production Innovation Center, won a Manufacturing Leadership Award from the Manufacturing Leadership Council for outstanding achievement in the Digital Transformation category. Shembekar was honored at the Council’s virtual awards gala on May 19.
Shembekar has earned the honor of leading DENSO’s efforts to integrate Industry 4.0 technologies and processes into the company’s manufacturing operations. These included the implementation of:
- Industrial Internet of Things (IoT), which contributes to DENSO’s Factory IoT platform connecting 130 production sites around the world;
- Automation technologies for fully and semi-autonomous robotics;
- Improved cybersecurity and IoT infrastructure; and
- New collaborators for innovation, such as Drishti, a startup with which DENSO works on AI for action recognition technology and quality inspection, as well as data analysis, including predictive failure analysis.
“I am grateful to be recognized as a leader in digital transformation, but it would not be possible without the support and expertise of our DENSO team and partners,” said Shembekar. “At DENSO, we are always looking for new ways to optimize efficiency, improve quality, reduce our carbon footprint and improve the way we serve our customers. We will continue to explore how connected technologies can benefit all of these areas. “
DENSO’s commitment to digital transformation closely matches the direction of its company. It is essential to help DENSO achieve its:
- Second foundation, the company’s 2017 strategy to broaden its software orientation and prepare for a less vehicle-centric mobility landscape.
- Long-term policy 2030, which aims to enrich society with new offerings that improve mobility and ensure sustainability, happiness and peace of mind for all.
- Two great causes: Green – to act in an ecological way – and Peace of Mind – to create a safe and homogeneous world for all.
- Target 2035 carbon neutral, prioritizing manufacturing, green products and energy consumption.
The Manufacturing Leadership Awards recognize individual manufacturing companies and manufacturing leaders who are shaping the future of global manufacturing. Winning projects and individuals have demonstrated achievement in one of many categories and are chosen by a panel of expert judges for results that have provided clear and compelling value, return on investment, and other tangible results. The Manufacturing Leadership Council is a division of the National Association of Manufacturers.
On June 29, DENSO will host a virtual factory tour with the Manufacturing Leadership Council, highlighting how the company is using digitization to support and boost human yields in production. To register click here.
DENSO is a $ 44.6 billion global mobility services provider that develops cutting-edge technology and components for nearly every make and model of vehicle on the road today. With manufacturing at its core, DENSO invests in its 200 facilities to produce thermal, powertrain, mobility, electrification and electronic systems, to create jobs that directly change the way the world moves. The company’s 168,000+ employees are paving the way for a future of mobility that improves lives, eliminates traffic accidents and protects the environment. Headquartered worldwide in Kariya, Japan, DENSO spent 10.0% of its overall consolidated sales on research and development during the fiscal year ended March 31, 2021. For more information on DENSO worldwide, visit https://www.denso.com/global.
In North America, DENSO is headquartered in Southfield, Michigan, and employs more than 27,000 engineers, researchers and skilled workers at 51 sites in the United States, Canada and Mexico. In the United States alone, DENSO employs more than 17,700 people in 14 states (and the District of Columbia) and 41 locations. During the fiscal year ended March 31, 2021, DENSO in North America generated $ 9.3 billion in consolidated sales. DENSO is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion within the company and beyond – a principle that brings together unique perspectives, strengthens innovation and drives DENSO forward. Join us and create not only the way the world is changing, but also your career: densocareers.com. For more information, visit https://www.denso.com/us-ca/en/.
Contact: Andrew Rickerman
DENSO International America, Inc.